DVBLink channel for Plex Media Server: RC!

This forum is for legacy clients.

Re: DVBLink channel for Plex Media Server: RC!

Postby timofp » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:00 am

Crashing of the DVBLink Server and Plex Media server is fixed by disabling the VPN server. On The plex forum are different threads about this problem also.

I've another small problem, on the Windows Phone 8 Client I can't watch recordings. It start's loading and I get an error later on. On the server the transcoding process starts and continues after the error and after closing the app. I don't know if it's a problem of Plex or the DVBLink Channel, but if I play the recordings through the Plex database on the same phone it does works. So I can watch the recorded files trhough plex, but not through the DVBLink channel in Plex.
timofp

Postby UggaBugga » Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:30 pm

Oberon wrote:DVBLink does not modify the stream and does not influence aspect ratio. The easy check would be to copy ts file in question to the usb stick and try playing it directly from the stick connected to TV. Another test would be to play it from the DVBLink DLNA server.

I will try this when I come home later today and report back how it goes.
Thanks.
UggaBugga

Postby denethor » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:06 pm

I just surprised to see this much of new features in such a short time and before Plex team taking action about the TS encoding!

Thanks and congrats!
Server: Mac Pro 2014 w/ 2xFirePro D300, Win 8.1.1 x64, TBS 5990 Dual CI, 13E, 42E, 07E, TVSource 4.6.9749, Connect Server 4.6.9904
Clients: 2xMacmini Win7 X64, iPad Air, iPad3, iPhone5, iPhone5s, rMBP with MacOS XBMC & Win 8 x64, Panasonic 55VT30,Plex
denethor

Postby MatthiasB » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:25 pm

DVBLink does not modify the stream and does not influence aspect ratio. The easy check would be to copy ts file in question to the usb stick and try playing it directly from the stick connected to TV. Another test would be to play it from the DVBLink DLNA server.

- The width-to-height ratio of the test videos about DVBLink DLNA and an external USB connection is correct.
- Is there a possibility that the films invite overview of the Plex plugin to accelerate, under the item name there very long until the list has been loaded last.

Matthias
MatthiasB

Postby UggaBugga » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:41 pm

UggaBugga wrote:
Oberon wrote:DVBLink does not modify the stream and does not influence aspect ratio. The easy check would be to copy ts file in question to the usb stick and try playing it directly from the stick connected to TV. Another test would be to play it from the DVBLink DLNA server.

I will try this when I come home later today and report back how it goes.
Thanks.

I just wanted to say that I tested and it worked without issues.
Well, that means that Plex Samsung client somehow does this... which drives me nuts and basically makes it not very practical for everyday usage.
UggaBugga

Postby timofp » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:46 am

Something interesting,

With the Plex Media Server Beta v0.9.804.125-ffe2a5d transcoding recordings does work! Well, on the Windows 8 app, not on the windows phone app. It does not work with the release version v0.9.728.33-f80a4a2. And also, when starting Live TV Plex actually starts decoding, but with a delay of a few seconds and the media player will report fail. But i can play back the transcoded segments on the desktop.
timofp

Postby Oberon » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:09 pm

DVBLink channel for Plex is released.
Please post your issues (if any) as normal forum topics.
Oberon

Previous

Return to Legacy clients