DVBLink channel for Plex Media Server: RC!

This forum is for legacy clients.

DVBLink channel for Plex Media Server: RC!

Postby Oberon » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:01 am

New version of DVBLink channel for Plex Media Server with new functionality and RC status!

DVBLink channel integrates live TV and TV recordings from DVBLink server into Plex MediaServer infrastructure and makes them available for all Plex clients.

What's new in this version:
- Guide
- Timer and single recording programming from Guide
- Separate group for radio channels
- Guide search
- Scheduled recordings overview and management

To answer some of the upcoming questions:
DVBLink channel does not have grid-like EPG. It is absolutely impossible given the instruments available for Plex channel programming.

Download:
http://www.dvblogic.com/download/plex/D ... bundle.zip

Installation instructions Windows:
To install the plugin extract the contents of the attached archive into
Code: Select all
C:\Users\<your use name>\AppData\Local\Plex Media Server\Plug-ins\

Installation instructions Synology:
/volume1/Plex/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins

which is Plex share of your NAS and then Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins directory inside it.

Installation instructions NETGEAR:
/c/.plex/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins

Known issues and limitations:
- Plex transcoder cannot transcode transport stream, which means that mobile live and recorded TV viewing using Plex clients is currently not possible. The issue is known at Plex and has been reported some time ago also for other clients delivering transport stream, but has not been solved yet.

Enjoy and let us know what you think about it!
Oberon

Re: DVBLink channel for Plex Media Server: RC!

Postby tcviper » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:57 am

When choosing TV Channels im getting a pop up with: 'str' object has no attribute 'format'.
The same with TV Guide and then choosing a channel ,same error.
Running it on a Macmini OSX with PMS 0.9.8.4.

This seems to happen on Plex/Web only, on Home Theater it works fine.

The other options seem to work fine though.
tcviper

Postby btaroli » Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:56 pm

Looking good, apart from the Plex issue of TS transcoding. ;-)

I am noticing that the entries under "Scheduled Recordinds" all are prefaced with "[SRec]". Purely cosmetic, of course, but I somehow don't suspect it's intentional...
btaroli

Postby john2069 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:54 am

Great work, excellent plugin :) one of the most valuable Plex plugins available.

In my initial usage I've found that skipping forwards/backwards doesn't work as expected - for example a small jump forwards leads to it jumping much further into the recorded Program.

I'm running PMS and DVBLink of Netgear ReadyNas. Plex client is Plex Samsungg TV app Ver 1.006
john2069

Postby cjacoby78 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:52 pm

tcviper wrote:When choosing TV Channels im getting a pop up with: 'str' object has no attribute 'format'.
The same with TV Guide and then choosing a channel ,same error.
Running it on a Macmini OSX with PMS 0.9.8.4.

This seems to happen on Plex/Web only, on Home Theater it works fine.

The other options seem to work fine though.

I can confirm this for Plex/Web and for the iOS versions of Plex. Loading Recordings also doesn't work ("This channel is currently unavailable"). Will try it out on my Home Theater tonight.
cjacoby78

Postby Realman » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:51 pm

Please try this patch and let us know the results.
Attachments
patch (2013-08-05).zip
(3.31 KiB) Downloaded 902 times
Realman

Postby cjacoby78 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:29 am

Nice - looking good so far - will test more tonight!

Thanks!
cjacoby78

Postby cjacoby78 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:11 pm

Works fine on my Mac for SD channels. HD channels stutter on my Gigabit LAN. HD recordings work fine. My DVBLink server runs on a Synology NAS.

Cheers,
CJ
cjacoby78

Postby timofp » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:25 pm

Well, I've to say you just won a customer, I was testing out the DVBlink software last days and was pretty amazed of how nice it works on windows phone 8 and in the future on my surface rt I ordered (already tested the win8 app on the desktop). I just needed a way to watch it on my HTPC without installing XBMC together with plex, just for the TV. Well this solved the problem. Just tested the Plex plugin and it's working great.

One problem, since I installed the plex plugin for Plex Server, the DVBLink server keeps crashing (can't connect to it)... Even if I'm not using a Plex Client. It might be the VPN server conflicting, I had also problems with Plex with this.

Off topic: One feature I would like for mobile apps is the ability to watch recordings from in the mobile apps, just like with this plex client. Shouldn't be so hard to create I think, or is it?
timofp

Postby Oberon » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:25 pm

timofp wrote:Well, I've to say you just won a customer, I was testing out the DVBlink software last days and was pretty amazed of how nice it works on windows phone 8 and in the future on my surface rt I ordered (already tested the win8 app on the desktop). I just needed a way to watch it on my HTPC without installing XBMC together with plex, just for the TV. Well this solved the problem. Just tested the Plex plugin and it's working great.

One problem, since I installed the plex plugin for Plex Server, the DVBLink server keeps crashing (can't connect to it)... Even if I'm not using a Plex Client. It might be the VPN server conflicting, I had also problems with Plex with this.

Off topic: One feature I would like for mobile apps is the ability to watch recordings from in the mobile apps, just like with this plex client. Shouldn't be so hard to create I think, or is it?

Please set log level of DVBLink server to info and when the server will crash next time attach here zipped log files.

As for recorded content on our mobile platforms - it is on our todo list, but ETA yet.
Oberon

Postby MatthiasB » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:53 pm

Hello,

the new features are very well done, and also work very well, thank you.

Unfortunately, I still have the same problem as in the Beta 1 version.
The DVBLINK recordings are not shown in the correct width-to-height ratio if I start them via your Plex plugin installed on the Samsung TV. When I run the same recording directly via Plex the ratio is correct.
In order to facilitate the troubleshooting I have added the Plex log files and futhermore, the video information of the test videos is stored in the. Xml file.

I hope that you can find the error with the information.

Best regards and thank you,

Matthias

My Demovideo (width-to-height ratio)
http://www.load.to/cHvudwNt4P/dvblink_Video.zip

Plex Log
Logs.zip
(22.8 KiB) Downloaded 659 times

Testvideo Infos
MediaInfo.zip
(1.12 KiB) Downloaded 306 times
MatthiasB

Postby Realman » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:29 pm

While playing a recording, try press the [GREEN] button and select the bottom option named "crop black bars from video" then press enter. Maybe it will help!?
Realman

Postby UggaBugga » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:34 am

MatthiasB wrote:Hello,

the new features are very well done, and also work very well, thank you.

Unfortunately, I still have the same problem as in the Beta 1 version.
The DVBLINK recordings are not shown in the correct width-to-height ratio if I start them via your Plex plugin installed on the Samsung TV. When I run the same recording directly via Plex the ratio is correct.
In order to facilitate the troubleshooting I have added the Plex log files and futhermore, the video information of the test videos is stored in the. Xml file.

I hope that you can find the error with the information.

Best regards and thank you,

Matthias

I have the exact same issue on my Samsung D8005 55".

I can clearly see that the streaming starts(first second) with the correct width-to-height ratio and then it's automatically corrected to the wrong one.
This goes for Live TV and recorded content.
The real question is, if this is the Plex client or DVBLogic doing this auto "correction" to the picture/stream!

To #Realman
I'm at work ATM, so I have not tried pressing the Green button. But even if this helps, I really think that everyone involved would like to avoid having to press this button all the time :D
UggaBugga

Postby Oberon » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:12 am

DVBLink does not modify the stream and does not influence aspect ratio. The easy check would be to copy ts file in question to the usb stick and try playing it directly from the stick connected to TV. Another test would be to play it from the DVBLink DLNA server.
Oberon

Postby Jdmagoo » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:32 am

Realman wrote:Please try this patch and let us know the results.

Hi there,

where does one place these files? Im having the same problem whilst connecting via the mac

Cheers

James
Jdmagoo

Next

Return to Legacy clients