Unable to remove recordings without file - solved

Post your questions about DVBLink products running on Windows platform here!

Unable to remove recordings without file - solved

Postby peterp » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:35 am

Using the latest DVBLink Server software on Windows, I had trouble deleting recordings, of which the files had been deleted from the NAS. These recordings would show up in red (on the built-in website) and had a 0 byte file size. The 'background check for deleted recordings' was enabled but it did not actually remove these recordings. Also, no errors were shown in the log file.

Today I used the SQLite Browser to look into the database and I found recording records there with an empty filename. I also found a few recordings on C: which had been deleted. After removing the records with empty filenames and the records with references to C: I restarted the DVBLink Server and the 'red' recordings where gone.

It seems to be that the 'background check for deleted recordings' code had a problem with this database content. I guess this could easily be checked in the source code and maybe this can lead to an improvement in the DVBLink Server.

regards,
Peter
peterp

Re: Unable to remove recordings without file - solved

Postby the_man » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:07 am

Thank's for your investigation. We will check that.
NETGEAR RNDU2000; Synology DS112j, DS 212j, DS213+, DS 712+; Western Digital WD ex2; Asustor AS3, RPI2 ...
PCTV 460,461e,292e; TT 4400, 4650CI;DVBSKy S960; DD octopus net; Inverto sat2ip multibox; TBS DVB-C ...
the_man

Return to DVBLink Server on Windows platform