Windows 10 Anniversary Update nuked recordings & schedules

Post your questions about DVBLink products running on Windows platform here!

Windows 10 Anniversary Update nuked recordings & schedules

Postby beeswax » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:18 am

I'm so tired I can't muster a panic right now but I'm really hoping this can be salvaged. After the update, DVLink is still configured with all my tuners, channels, general settings etc. The EPG is still populated. All my Recorded TV files are still present in the Windows file system and the recording path is still set correctly in DVBLink. But recordings and schedules in DVBLink show completely blank! I have a full Acronis disk backup from only a few days ago, can anyone tell me what I need to restore to get things mostly back to normal please.
beeswax

Re: Windows 10 Anniversary Update nuked recordings & schedul

Postby beeswax » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:30 am

ok, crisis averted I think. I found the DVBLink folder in C:\Users\Public\Documents\DVBLink. I simply stopped the DVBLink service, renamed that folder, copied in the one from my Acronis backup and restarted the service. Recordings were all back straight away, schedules are taking a few minutes but it's filling up again nicely. I'm glad I took that backup!

Might be worth warning people about this? Or was I just unlucky?

edit: ok, so maybe the acronis backup wasn't a necessity. I noticed I'd lost a few days recordings between the backup date and now so I took another look at the broken DVBLink Docs folder. There was a dlrecorder.db and a dlrecorder (1).db file. I stopped the service again, moved dlrecorder.db somewhere safe and renamed dlrecorder (1).db to dlrecorder.db then restarted the service. All OK, got recordings from earlier tonight back. Phew!
beeswax

Postby the_man » Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:13 pm

It was discussed a some time ago.
But what strange - not the all who made an upgrade of the Windows faced with this issue. (i mean creating a dlrecorder (1).db)
NETGEAR RNDU2000; Synology DS112j, DS 212j, DS213+, DS 712+; Western Digital WD ex2; Asustor AS3, RPI2 ...
PCTV 460,461e,292e; TT 4400, 4650CI;DVBSKy S960; DD octopus net; Inverto sat2ip multibox; TBS DVB-C ...
the_man

Postby finnvid » Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:41 am

I had the same problem, a new dlrecorder was created during the upgrade of windows. Stopping the service, removing the dlrecorder and copying the dlrecorder(0) helped.

You should probably warn people for this.

/tobbe
finnvid

Postby Introspective » Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:52 am

Yep this happened to me as well.

How did everyone update their Windows 10?

From Windows Update or did you use the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool and run the update manually?

I did the update manually.

It would be interesting to see if that's the common thing here.
Introspective

Postby beeswax » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:10 am

I did it through Windows Update when I had this problem. After a few days of various annoying new quirks though, I backed up my data and did a completely clean install using the new ISO.
beeswax

Postby maraarni » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:44 pm

Same happened here as well. Recording path was changed from "D:\Recordings" to C:\users..." and all schedule data was lost.
all now ok after renaming db file.
I made the update manually by downloading Windows10Upgrade28084.exe.

EDIT:
Great Plugins folders under sources were destroyed as well, grrr.
maraarni

Postby olli460 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:01 pm

I've just done the Windows update and exactly same issue, all my recordings and schedule have gone.

How do i fix it, Where is the DB file located and what do i do with it?
olli460

Postby the_man » Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:33 pm

olli460 wrote:I've just done the Windows update and exactly same issue, all my recordings and schedule have gone.

How do i fix it, Where is the DB file located and what do i do with it?

- Just stop the dvblink server service. Go to C:\Users\Public\Documents\DVBLink\
- Rename the dlrecorder (1).db to dlrecorder.db (if the new dlrecorder.db was created, delete or backup it first)
- Start the server
NETGEAR RNDU2000; Synology DS112j, DS 212j, DS213+, DS 712+; Western Digital WD ex2; Asustor AS3, RPI2 ...
PCTV 460,461e,292e; TT 4400, 4650CI;DVBSKy S960; DD octopus net; Inverto sat2ip multibox; TBS DVB-C ...
the_man

Return to DVBLink Server on Windows platform