Converted from NextPVR but getting issues/artifacts

Post your questions about DVBLink products running on Windows platform here!

Converted from NextPVR but getting issues/artifacts

Postby u33db » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:07 pm

Hello,

I have just switched over to DVBLink from NextPVR due to the RadioTimes XMLTV EPG data being discontinued as of the 16th.

Installation/setup was painless and all was going well until I tried to record a program at which point I seem to be getting artifacts on screen, as per the tennis example below;

This happens on any channel - SD and HD. :(

My setup is an Octo LNB on my satellite dish with 3 cables feeding 3 PCTV 461e's all being recorded by an Intel N2840 based netbook onto an external USB3 hard drive.

I know the cables, LNB, DVB-S2 tuners are working correctly as my sky+ box works fine, and my NextPVR installation also worked fine on that hardware.

Does anyone have any ideas?

I was unable to find any system requirements for the DVBServer and TV adviser so I don't know if the N2840 is too weak to record from DVBLink? The CPU does hit 100% initially but settles down into the recording so I'm not sure if that is the problem (I guess not as you can run DVBLink on a RPI)?

Any help appreciated!
u33db

Re: Converted from NextPVR but getting issues/artifacts

Postby u33db » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:47 pm

Hello,

Done a bit more digging...when I went into the monitoring tab there was a large amount of disconnect counts showing so I googled further and came across this post;

http://forum.dvblogic.com/viewtopic.php?f=102&t=29369&start=15

The OP posted suggest running VLC at the same time on the server which seems to have cured it - I am getting no disconnects now??
u33db

Postby the_man » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:00 am

Could be video driver issues or some Power options.
Please make sure that you are using the latest drivers for your graphic card.
Also look for here:
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=29572&start=30
http://superuser.com/questions/627665/h ... -processor
NETGEAR RNDU2000; Synology DS112j, DS 212j, DS213+, DS 712+; Western Digital WD ex2; Asustor AS3, RPI2 ...
PCTV 460,461e,292e; TT 4400, 4650CI;DVBSKy S960; DD octopus net; Inverto sat2ip multibox; TBS DVB-C ...
the_man

Postby u33db » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:20 am

Hi thanks for reply.

Yes I came across that topic as well which was linked from the VLC one. My drivers are all current and I tried messing with the power options with no success...it really does only work properly when VLC is open.

Unfortunately I've lost patience with it now after 3 solid days trying to find a solution. This is the second time I've tried DVBLink and had issues - granted the first time was down to QNAP not having the correct drivers in their OS but this time I cannot see why NextPVR and also PCTVs own application works fine on my hardware but not DVBLink.

Its a shame as I really liked the setup and UI of DVBLink.

I've now gone back to NextPVR linked to schedules direct which works and is cheaper even with the SD subscription.
u33db

Return to DVBLink Server on Windows platform