Upgrade from v5.5 to v6

Post your questions about DVBLink products running on Windows platform here!

Upgrade from v5.5 to v6

Postby fuzzysb » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:09 am

I have an issue i chose to upgrade my licence from v5.5 to v6, i selected my windows install to upgrade and i paid the 24 euro to upgrade but after the upgrade only my IPTV and TV adviser was upgraded to v6 and not my TV source install which is the most important one and it seems you are asking me for another 24 euros to upgrade that aswell. it is installed on the same PC and always was.

can you please explain why you are wanting to charge me the upgrade fee twice? this is not what i was lead to believe when i paid the upgrade fee.

Regards

Stuart Buchanan
fuzzysb

Re: Upgrade from v5.5 to v6

Postby fuzzysb » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:25 am

ok so i had my licence upgrade issue fixed and this is now activated, many thanks for the quick action.

as for the upgrade i think what screwed it up was me still having the Digiguide plugin installed. i suggest if you have this plugin you remove prior to the upgrade as it wont work post install anyway and you receive a critical alert whilst installed on v6 and none of the functionality of dvblink works as you receive an Internal Error when attempting to tune to a channel.

so the downside is that the upgrade was a bit of a mess and now quite as seamless as i was expecting, but now everything is working, and to be honest initial impressions are very good, seems to be more responsive and quicker to tune than v5.5 well done
fuzzysb

Re: Upgrade from v5.5 to v6

Postby the_man » Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:33 pm

If you have any licensing or missing packages questions - please write to info@dvblogic.com
NETGEAR RNDU2000; Synology DS112j, DS 212j, DS213+, DS 712+; Western Digital WD ex2; Asustor AS3, RPI2 ...
PCTV 460,461e,292e; TT 4400, 4650CI;DVBSKy S960; DD octopus net; Inverto sat2ip multibox; TBS DVB-C ...
the_man

Return to DVBLink Server on Windows platform