New tuner from Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD

Post your questions about DVBLink products running on Windows platform here!

New tuner from Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD

Postby EizoDK » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:38 pm

Hi guys
Have anyone tried (had experience) with the new Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD tuner with DVBLogic on Windows platform (See link below)?
http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/site/products/data_dualhd.html

I am currently using 2 x Terratec Cinergy C tuners, with DVBLogic on WIndows 7.
Both Terratec Cinergy C cards have been working without any problems what so ever.

My reason for bying the Hauppauge USB tuner is to have the USB tuner running on a Intel NUC machine, with lower power consumption.

DVBLink TV Source is able to see the 4 tuners (2 x DVB-C & 2 x DVB-T), on the configuration page.
I ofcourse choose to tune on my DVC-C tuner, hence my provider is delivering the singnal from Cable.
But when doing a channelscan, it says Tuning Failed.

I only installed the drivers for the USB tuner, to begin with.
There after I began setting up the tuner on the DVBLink TV Source.
It is here the channel tuning is failing, and will not find any transponder.

I whent to install the WinTV software from Hauppauge to verify if the tuner was working or not.
The USB tuner his working just fine, and finding channels, and watching TV on Hauppauge software.

So my guess is that the USB tuner for some reason is not supported yet, or that my DVBLink software is to old.

I am currently using version 5.0.0 from DVBLink, but intend to upgrade to version 5.5.0 this weekend.

Any suggestions would be helpfull!

I've been using DVBLink software for over 5 years, so I am very familiar with DVBLink software.

Regards, EizoDK
EizoDK

Re: New tuner from Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD

Postby the_man » Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:42 pm

I would like to have a look at the log files firstly.
Please, set log level to info, restart dvblink server, reproduce the issue and attach zipped log files here.

It should not be the reason, but just in case better to do an update to the V5.5.0 (there are some features and fixes)
Do not forget to do a backups before.
NETGEAR RNDU2000; Synology DS112j, DS 212j, DS213+, DS 712+; Western Digital WD ex2; Asustor AS3, RPI2 ...
PCTV 460,461e,292e; TT 4400, 4650CI;DVBSKy S960; DD octopus net; Inverto sat2ip multibox; TBS DVB-C ...
the_man

Postby EizoDK » Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:18 pm

Hi the_man
I've upgraded the DVBLink software to version 5.5, yet I still can't find any transponders with the Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD tuner.
I have no problem finding transponders with my Cinergy card, with EXACT same settings.

YouSee cable provider
Frequenzy (KHz): 143000
Symbal rate: 6875
Modulation: QAM64

I've tripple checked that my cabling is not an issue... it is not.

I am not using WinTV, while trying to scan either.
I did try afterwords just to see what would happend, and DVBLink TV Source does try scanning with the tuner, because the live picture stops. So DVBLink does have contact of some sort to the tuner.

I've attached the log files.
Plus 2 x screenshots of DVBLink.

I've gone through the logfiles, and you'll probably notice that I says I cancel.
This is because, there are no transponders to scan from, and cancel is the only option later.

Very strange...

/Regards EizoDK

PS.: I've changed my LIC ID in the log-files to xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxx just if you're wondering.
Attachments
dvb-screenshot2.jpg
Internal error, when proceeding
dvb-screenshot2.jpg (13.12 KiB) Viewed 13339 times
dvb-screenshot1.jpg
Trasponder list empty
dvb-screenshot1.jpg (39.12 KiB) Viewed 13339 times
dvblink-log-20160115-1442.zip
DVB log files
(27.68 KiB) Downloaded 314 times
EizoDK

Postby EizoDK » Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:20 pm

Just to iilustrate that the USB tuner is working with Hauppauge software.

But I ofcourse want it to work with DVB Link! :mrgreen:
Attachments
wintvscreenshot2.jpg
Short list of found channels
wintvscreenshot2.jpg (135.45 KiB) Viewed 13339 times
wintvscreenshot1.jpg
Livestream from WinTV
wintvscreenshot1.jpg (125.56 KiB) Viewed 13339 times
EizoDK

Postby Oberon » Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:22 pm

I assume that your Cinergy tuners can tuner 143MHz frequency?..
Oberon

Postby EizoDK » Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:17 pm

Hi Oberon
Yes, you are correct, 143000 KHz or 143MHz is not a problem for the Cinergy :wink:
EizoDK

Postby Oberon » Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:30 pm

According to this:
http://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threa ... er.132363/

You probably need to put 6875000 as a symbol rate (I do not know if our UI allows doing this...)
Oberon

Postby EizoDK » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:23 pm

Unfortunately the UI won't allow it.
Symbol rate value must be 1000 at minimum, and maximum value 9999.
EizoDK

Postby EizoDK » Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:34 pm

I seem to be stuck!

I think I'll try a clean installation of Windows and DVBLink (for test purposes).
For testing purposes I'll be trying a Windows 10 installation, instead of my current Windows 7 installation.

I will be posting the results here, on how it goes.

If you have any suggestions, on what I should try on me existing system, please feel free to post a reply here.

Regards, EizoDK
EizoDK

Postby marc1202 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:39 am

I have exactly the same problem.

I have tried an 8-digit symbol rate through a transponder file, But still no success, tuning failed.

Any idea? Is the Haupauge WinTV DualHD too new for lastest version of Dvblink?

Please help ;-)

Marc
marc1202

Postby EizoDK » Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:09 pm

It's been quite a while since I tried to get WinTV-dualHD to work with DVBLink.

Sadly this remains to be true!

I simply can not get WinTV-dualHD tuner to work with DVBLink.

The tuner works fine with the supplied software from Hauppage.

My conclusion must be that WinTV-dualHD tuner is not supported by DVBLink, even though the tuners appear as available tuners in DVBLink server software.

@Oberon: I'd really like to continue using DVBLink as my main DVR software, when watching/recording TV. I firmly believe DVBLink is the best software out there, and have been for many years!

Can you please help, to figure out how to get the tuner supported? :mrgreen:

/Best regards, EizoDK
EizoDK

Postby 4Crawler » Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:18 pm

EizoDK wrote:It's been quite a while since I tried to get WinTV-dualHD to work with DVBLink.

Sadly this remains to be true!

I simply can not get WinTV-dualHD tuner to work with DVBLink.

The tuner works fine with the supplied software from Hauppage.

My conclusion must be that WinTV-dualHD tuner is not supported by DVBLink, even though the tuners appear as available tuners in DVBLink server software.

@Oberon: I'd really like to continue using DVBLink as my main DVR software, when watching/recording TV. I firmly believe DVBLink is the best software out there, and have been for many years!

Can you please help, to figure out how to get the tuner supported? :mrgreen:

/Best regards, EizoDK

Any update on this tuner? I'm looking to get a new dual tuner for my ATSC system and am torn between this one an the more expensive HDHomeRun. Specifically this would be on a Synology NAS.
4Crawler

Postby simonk1969 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:41 pm

I'm also after info as to whether this Dual Tuner works or not.

Thanks
Simon
simonk1969

Postby skoty99 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:04 pm

Hello I'm also interested in purchasing a DVB tuner for my Synology DS1512+ NAS.

Ideally I'd like to purchase a dual tuner model - ie. the Hauppauge WinTV-dual HD TV Tuner in discussion on this page (http://www.game.co.uk/en/hauppauge-wint ... er-1107547 or Amazon) £49.99

But it does not (yet) appear in the Synology Compatibility list - https://www.synology.com/en-uk/compatib ... mode=false

Hoping to learn from someone's experience, rather then jumping into a purchase without knowing if it will work or not.

My alternative is to get a single (frequency) tuner, such as the PCTV DVB-T2 292e NanoStick for £45.90 (https://www.amazon.co.uk/PCTV-Systems-D ... op?ie=UTF8)

Any info on previous experiences would be great

Thanks, Scott
skoty99

Postby the_man » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:53 am

skoty99 wrote:Hello I'm also interested in purchasing a DVB tuner for my Synology DS1512+ NAS.

Ideally I'd like to purchase a dual tuner model - ie. the Hauppauge WinTV-dual HD TV Tuner in discussion on this page (http://www.game.co.uk/en/hauppauge-wint ... er-1107547 or Amazon) £49.99

But it does not (yet) appear in the Synology Compatibility list - https://www.synology.com/en-uk/compatib ... mode=false

Hoping to learn from someone's experience, rather then jumping into a purchase without knowing if it will work or not.

My alternative is to get a single (frequency) tuner, such as the PCTV DVB-T2 292e NanoStick for £45.90 (https://www.amazon.co.uk/PCTV-Systems-D ... op?ie=UTF8)

Any info on previous experiences would be great

Thanks, Scott

The PCTV DVB-T2 292e and the TVButler tuners will work for sure. Can't say the same about Hauppauge WinTV-dual HD TV Tuner (just do not have this one for tests)
NETGEAR RNDU2000; Synology DS112j, DS 212j, DS213+, DS 712+; Western Digital WD ex2; Asustor AS3, RPI2 ...
PCTV 460,461e,292e; TT 4400, 4650CI;DVBSKy S960; DD octopus net; Inverto sat2ip multibox; TBS DVB-C ...
the_man

Next

Return to DVBLink Server on Windows platform