DVBLink v5.5.0 and mc_recorder

Post your questions about DVBLink products running on Windows platform here!

Postby debutanker » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:50 pm

Hi,
i also have some problems with the 5.5 version.

First everything seems to work fine, but after i changed the dlrecorder to mc_recorder i got an "internal error" - back to dlrecorder everything´s fine...
Then i decided to uninstall and reinstall the whole dvblink products and give it another try - unfortunately no success....
Also i could not realise a restore from my old 5.1 backups (error appears).

After another complete deinstallation the next problem appears - if i want to activate the tvsource again, i got the message "already activated".....
With version 5.1 everthing works smooth - is it possible to downgrade to version 5.1(dont find a link to version 5.1)?

So is there anyone who could give me some advice??
Many thanks in advance

Olli

**Edit**:
Problem with tvsource solved - after new installation license was missing in the license folder....
debutanker

Re: DVBLink v5.5.0 and mc_recorder

Postby Oberon » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:40 am

Was your MediaCenter started and set as a default DVBLink recorder when you got this error while using mc_recorder?
Oberon

Postby debutanker » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:43 pm

Thanks for reply, oberon!

Yes, my MC was startet and set as default recorder.
The thing is, i was able to program a record with my clients (iOS, openelec - so it seems that the mc_recorder is working..) but if i want to start the web-gui, i got this "internal error" and could not go on....

Olli
debutanker

Postby Oberon » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:45 pm

Please set log level to info, restart dvblink server, reproduce the error and attach zipped log files here.
Oberon

Postby debutanker » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:23 pm

Many thanks!
Olli
Attachments
dvblink-log-20150728-1916.zip
(50.81 KiB) Downloaded 140 times
debutanker

Postby Oberon » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:53 pm

The issue has been identified and will be fixed in the upcoming update.
Oberon

Postby debutanker » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:02 pm

thumbs up!!
debutanker

Postby Electrifying » Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:17 pm

I have the same problem. I noticed there is a server update which is supposed to fix this issue, however it did not.

It looks like it has problems to fetch the channels from MC?

Excerpt from logs:

DVBLink server log:

2015-Aug-03 17:48:58: [I] mc_recorder::command_processing. Received DvbLink_RecorderGetChannels
2015-Aug-03 17:48:58: [E] Could not open mutex. GLE = 0
2015-Aug-03 17:48:58: [E] mc_recorder::command_processing. Error processing a DvbLink_RecorderGetChannels
2015-Aug-03 17:50:53: [I] mc_recorder::command_processing. Received DvbLink_RecorderGetChannels
2015-Aug-03 17:50:53: [E] Could not open mutex. GLE = 0
2015-Aug-03 17:50:53: [E] mc_recorder::command_processing. Error processing a DvbLink_RecorderGetChannels

DVBLink Webserver log:

[03/Aug/2015:17:50:53] DVB.CONNECT!.TVG Get page.
[03/Aug/2015:17:50:53] DVB.CONNECT!.TVG Get channels.
[03/Aug/2015:17:50:53] HTTP
Request Headers:
AUTHORIZATION: XX
REFERER: XX
HOST: XX
CONNECTION: Keep-Alive
Remote-Addr: 127.0.0.1
ACCEPT: application/json, text/javascript, */*; q=0.01
USER-AGENT: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; Trident/7.0; rv:11.0) like Gecko
X-REQUESTED-WITH: XMLHttpRequest
ACCEPT-LANGUAGE: nl-NL,nl;q=0.8,en-US;q=0.5,en;q=0.3
ACCEPT-ENCODING: gzip, deflate
[03/Aug/2015:17:50:53] HTTP Traceback (most recent call last):
File "G:\Program Files (x86)\DVBLogic\DVBLink\web_server\lib.zip\cherrypy\_cprequest.py", line 645, in respond
response.body = self.handler()
File "G:\Program Files (x86)\DVBLogic\DVBLink\web_server\lib.zip\cherrypy\lib\encoding.py", line 188, in __call__
self.body = self.oldhandler(*args, **kwargs)
File "G:\Program Files (x86)\DVBLogic\DVBLink\web_server\lib.zip\cherrypy\lib\jsontools.py", line 61, in json_handler
value = cherrypy.serving.request._json_inner_handler(*args, **kwargs)
File "G:\Program Files (x86)\DVBLogic\DVBLink\web_server\lib.zip\cherrypy\_cpdispatch.py", line 29, in __call__
return self.callable(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File "tvguide.py", line 142, in channels
File "helper.py", line 45, in get_channels
RuntimeError: IDS_GENERAL_ERROR_MSG
- AMD Phenom II X6 1055T
- Asus GT740 2GB DDR3
- 8 GB DDR2 RAM
- DE FloppyDTV
- Asus M3A78 Pro
- 2X Anysee E30TC
- Argolis Smartreader Plus
- Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic
- 1TB WD Caviar Green Series
- 64 GB Sandisk SSD
- 500 GB WD Caviar Green Series
Electrifying

Postby Oberon » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:30 pm

It means that MCE either was not started or was not a default dvblink recorder
Oberon

Postby Electrifying » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:44 am

You are right. Thanks!

Strange, never noticed this behavior before. It probably has to do with the fact that with W8.1 i decided to no longer start MCE automatically because of the tiles (because of possibly selecting the Netflix app instead of MCE to watch something).

I am happy with the upgrade to 8.1 on my MC though. The tiles and apps really add something to the user experience when viewed on a big screen, plus the Netflix app supports surround sound and i have read the Silverlight version does not. :)
- AMD Phenom II X6 1055T
- Asus GT740 2GB DDR3
- 8 GB DDR2 RAM
- DE FloppyDTV
- Asus M3A78 Pro
- 2X Anysee E30TC
- Argolis Smartreader Plus
- Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic
- 1TB WD Caviar Green Series
- 64 GB Sandisk SSD
- 500 GB WD Caviar Green Series
Electrifying

Postby veletron » Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:15 pm

Hi

Was this issue ever fixed - I am seeing the problem as described when using mc_recorder. 5.5 downloaded/installed a week ago: 'internal error'

Regards

Nigel
veletron

Postby the_man » Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:14 am

veletron wrote:Hi

Was this issue ever fixed - I am seeing the problem as described when using mc_recorder. 5.5 downloaded/installed a week ago: 'internal error'

Regards

Nigel

Where do you see that 'internal error'? ( at DVBLink web-cliet )
NETGEAR RNDU2000; Synology DS112j, DS 212j, DS213+, DS 712+; Western Digital WD ex2; Asustor AS3, RPI2 ...
PCTV 460,461e,292e; TT 4400, 4650CI;DVBSKy S960; DD octopus net; Inverto sat2ip multibox; TBS DVB-C ...
the_man

Postby veletron » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:42 pm

Yep, on the web client. I was able to schedule recordings using the web client, and have them recorded in .WTV format by the MCE recorder, but streaming failed to work, as did streaming of recordings or looking at a list of recordings from the web interface. When it failed, I got the 'internal error'. I am now back to DL recorder. I only have one MCE box and it is the default recorder.

Having tried now over the past few days all the alternative front ends, MCE is still the most polished, this despite the fact that MS has not touched the code-base for eons. MCE really was well ahead of its time. Its a shame that they would not release the source to the community for continued development. Those API's that are missing could then be added and DVBLink could use it as a front-end with a plugin that has the back-end do all the heavy lifting rather than the current Frankenstein arrangement. We can dream.

I'll take another look at Kodi once version 16 comes out. It seems that V16 should standardise series recording by including support natively rather than relying on the back-end plugin, and ending up with 'varied' behaviour.

I have been using Kodi on a tablet, and on a fireTV in my motorhome to stream live TV. Maybe I will get to like the Kodi interface given time! Look forward to the remote-control enabled version of the DVBLink android app (noticed your reply to my other thread).

NB: Currently using:

- DVBLink to manage tuners, channels, and assign EPG's
- DigiGuide for UK EPG
- OTA EPG for the few channels that DigiGuide does not have
- MCE as main viewer in lounge
- MyChannel Logo's for channel logo's in MCE
- DVBLink app/webpage for LiveTV and to view recordings that were scheduled with DVBLink
- Ceton My Media Centre to schedule and organise/delete recordings in MCE
- Emit to transcode MCE recorded TV and stream it (or download it)
- MCEBuddy to transcode MCE recordings once they are 48hrs old, these are transcoded 1AM and auto-synced to my tablet 4AM
- FolderSync (Android App) to go get stuff that was transcoded in MCEBuddy at 4AM (4.4+ SD card restrictions mean that they end up in FolderSync location on SD card. Deleting recordings in MCE also kills them in MCEBuddy, then on next sync, they are auto deleted from my tablet.
- Filezilla Server to provide SFTP access to transcoded TV (so I can sync transcoded TV remotely using foldersync on tablet).
- Kodi on FireTV stick to get access to live TV in motorhome (esp since my dish died! - don't buy from Megasat or Snipe - its pish!)

Been using MCE since ~2004, Nebula DigiTV before this. Most of the other apps above have been in use for 5+ years. I just re-built my server box on Win10 hence all the recent questions.

Nigel
veletron

Postby veletron » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:50 pm

Hi

Posting this mainly for other folks wondering whether to choose dlrecorder or mc_recorder in a mixed MCE/Kodi setup)

With the MC_Recorder on 5.5, I get a 'general error' from the web interface when trying to view Schedules. Recorded TV is not visible (i.e stuff recorded my MCE is not presented in the view). Mobile app also shows this 'general error', but Kodi is able to pick up scheduled recordings, but not show stuff that has already been recorded via mc_recorder.

general_error.jpg
general_error.jpg (64.97 KiB) Viewed 7157 times

Given that Kodi CAN pick up and display and allow modifications to recordings scheduled via MCE (via the DVBLink Kodi Plugin), I believe the 'general error' in the web interface and the DVBLink android app is a bug.

From previous posts in this thread, it would appear that the inability to play back MCE recordings through dvblink web app, or android app, or Kodi while using mc_recorder (or dlrecorder) is by design due to MCE file format etc. I shall just use emit instead.

With MCE_Recorder:

- Browser streaming of live TV does work, schedules set in the Web EPG do get action-ed by the MCE recorder.
- Web EPG does show stuff already scheduled to be recorded via MCE, including series recordings - these can also be stopped
- no possibility to play back stuff recorded by MCE on DVBLink app, dvblink web interface or Kodi - Get emit app to transcode recordings

With DL_Recorder

- Anything scheduled through web interface is recorded via DVBLink, and the results are placed in the DVBLink media library
- DVBLink web page (with VLC), android app and kodi can play back these recordings
- DVB Link schedules and MCE schedules entirely separate, stuff scheduled in MCE recorded by MCE, stuff scheduled in DVBLink webpage/app/kodi recorded by dvblink
- In MCE, 'DVBLink media library' item can be used to stream stuff that was scheduled using dvblink web page/app/kodi
- no possibility to play back stuff recorded by MCE on DVBLink app, dvblink web interface or Kodi - Get emit app to transcode recordings

Nigel
veletron

Postby Videonisse » Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:08 pm

Great summary Nigel!

In think your last bullet isn't correct. If using dlrecorder, recordings done in WMC will actually work directly with all other clients. Reason is that WMC isn't involved in recording, it's done from DVBLink server.

But problem using dlrecorder and WMC is that you can't schedule or start/stop recordings from the normal GUI, you must always use the DVBLink plugin. Not very user friendly.

That's the reason I currently use mc_recorder and just WMC as client.
Win 7 64-bit SP1, Intel i5-3570K 3,4GHz HD 4000 Graphics, 6GB, TBS 6984 S2 Quad,TBS 6280 T2 Dual
DVBLink 5.5.0 Connect & TVSource (mc_recorder), CD S Thor 0.8W,FTA Aastra 19.2E, S FTA T2, ACAMD 0.6.2
Clients iPhone 4S 5S 6S, iPad2 iOS 9,Win 7 PCs
Videonisse

Next

Return to DVBLink Server on Windows platform