Scheduled recordings: Away-Mode, Intel Ready Mode supported?

Post your questions about DVBLink products running on Windows platform here!

Scheduled recordings: Away-Mode, Intel Ready Mode supported?

Postby TOMillr » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:18 pm

I'm currently looking into turning my Intel NUC into a media server using DVBLink.

However, I wasn't able to find any detailed information on how DVBLink handles scheduled recording on a Windows system.

Say I'm using the webinterface to setup a recording, what happens when the system is in standby-mode at the point of the scheduled recording? Does DVBLink simply wake up the system? Or does is there support for the Windows Away-Mode which turns off components like audio and video output during the recording? Or how about Intel's Ready Mode technology (http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/intel-ready-mode-technology.html).
TOMillr

Re: Scheduled recordings: Away-Mode, Intel Ready Mode suppor

Postby Oberon » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:26 pm

DVBLink will wake up the system using standard windows task manager functionality.
Oberon

Postby TOMillr » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:48 pm

I'm checking, because I'm using a HDMI-CEC solution, which automatically turns on my TV and AVR when I press the power button on the HTPC. However, when the system uses Away-Mode (like during scheduled recording by Windows Media Center), no CEC signal is send and the TV and AVR remain turned off.

Does DVBLink work the same way? Or does it look to Windows just like pushing the power button?
TOMillr

Postby TOMillr » Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:06 pm

Anyone?

I know that Windows uses the Away-Mode functionality when I schedule a recording in WMC and DVBLink as a tuner. But what happens when I use the new DVBLink TV Adviser to schedule a recording on a Windows machine running a DVBLink server? Does Windows use Away-Mode in such cases as well?
TOMillr

Postby Oberon » Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:11 pm

Yes.
Oberon

Postby TOMillr » Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:17 pm

Perfect, thanks for the good news.
TOMillr

Return to DVBLink Server on Windows platform