Dvblink app IOS and Android suck

Discuss DVBLink mobile clients (for iOS, Android and WinPhone) here!

Dvblink app IOS and Android suck

Postby Heula » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:32 pm

I'm happy with the dvblink software on my pc where the dvblink player software never fail me. The dvblink app for IOS on my ipad air 2 and android app on my Samsung Galaxy S7 need much improvement.

On my ipad the app crashes a lot when scrolling through the guide and changing timers.
On my Samsung S7 the app just get stuck all the time and is useless to me at this moment.

I hope both apps get's an update that fixes these issues.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Dvblink app IOS and Android suck

Postby the_man » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:32 pm

Try to make a repair of database and reproduce the issue.
http://dvblogic.com/wiki/index.php/How_ ... er.db_file
NETGEAR RNDU2000; Synology DS112j, DS 212j, DS213+, DS 712+; Western Digital WD ex2; Asustor AS3, RPI2 ...
PCTV 460,461e,292e; TT 4400, 4650CI;DVBSKy S960; DD octopus net; Inverto sat2ip multibox; TBS DVB-C ...

Re: Dvblink app IOS and Android suck

Postby orsib » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:43 am

IMHO IOS and Android app is a shame. While you can use the Android app more or less (I was tried it on an Oneplus 3) the iOS app is a joke. It's constantly freezes, slow. Bad user experience overall. The Android app is more stable, however it should be the opposite as it is way easier to optimize something to IOS (less hardware diversity) than to Android. I think 2017 the mobile and tablet apps should provide the best UX as our world is full of mobile devices and people use mobile devices more than computers. Really disappointing however I like the simplicity and stability of the server software on my Synology NAS.

Return to DVBLink mobile clients