Amazon Fire TV

Discuss DVBLink mobile clients (for iOS, Android and WinPhone) here!

Re: Amazon Fire TV

Postby hedgehoggy » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:25 pm

Hi

Logos - it not show on fireTV at the moment (version 1.0.3) but it show on both website and iOS app is work fine.

That great about theatre app on app store soon.

Cheers
Main: P8Z68-V LX, Intel i5, Win8.1, 1xTBS 6894, 3xhaup nova hd s2, TVSource 4.6, Connect! Server, Digiguide.
Clients: Dell Inspi Win7MC, Zotac NM10-E-E Win7MC,
Laptop Leneovo Win7MC, VAIO Win81MC, IPad2, Samsung Galaxy Note II & Tab10.1
hedgehoggy

Postby the_man » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:22 am

The release of app to Amazon app store should be today.
As for logos, it is really strange as another clients displays the logos. Please, set log level to info, restart dvblink server, reproduce the issue and attach zipped log file here. To be honest i do not sure whether there be something useful, anyway i'd like to check.
NETGEAR RNDU2000; Synology DS112j, DS 212j, DS213+, DS 712+; Western Digital WD ex2; Asustor AS3, RPI2 ...
PCTV 460,461e,292e; TT 4400, 4650CI;DVBSKy S960; DD octopus net; Inverto sat2ip multibox; TBS DVB-C ...
the_man

Postby gts » Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:38 am

Hi,

Unfortunately the inconsistency between the displayed version (1.0.3) and the real downloaded APK (1.0.0) still appears to exist in the Amazon Appstore?!

Using the link of the forum I could install and test v1.0.3 - well done! Timeshift and FF/RW works quite well and as far as I could test also reliable.

Nevertheless, I would like to point out some issues:

1) There is a different logo displayed in the section: Home > Recent
2) The application crashes if you press navigation buttons directly after displaying the programm list and after the loading circle is hidden. I noticed that the channel logos are loaded and displayed after hiding the loading circle. Maybe thats the reason? The crash does not happen if you delay the navigation in the programm list a few more seconds, after the channel logos are displayed and the scrolling of the description of a programm entry continues.
3) While playing a recording you can pause by pressing "Play/Pause"-Button but to continue you have to press the "OK"-Button instead of "Play/Pause" again?!
4) During timeshifting you can navigate in the buffer using FF/RW, why not while playing a recording?
5) Highlighting the pressed "REC"-Button in EPG-Preview sometimes works, sometimes not? (the same while using smartphone)

Suggestions for improvement:

A) The loading of the programm list takes quite long (40-50 channels) also after navigating back from recordings to the programm list. It would be great if there may be a caching mechanism to speed up the availability of the programm list!
B) If you add a record that may produce a recording conflict it would be great to provide an additional dialog to inform about the conflict and solve it.

Keep up the good work!

Regards

P.S.: Just for information - same results in v1.0.6!
gts

Postby the_man » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:08 pm

gts wrote:Hi,

Unfortunately the inconsistency between the displayed version (1.0.3) and the real downloaded APK (1.0.0) still appears to exist in the Amazon Appstore?!

Using the link of the forum I could install and test v1.0.3 - well done! Timeshift and FF/RW works quite well and as far as I could test also reliable.

Nevertheless, I would like to point out some issues:

1) There is a different logo displayed in the section: Home > Recent
2) The application crashes if you press navigation buttons directly after displaying the programm list and after the loading circle is hidden. I noticed that the channel logos are loaded and displayed after hiding the loading circle. Maybe thats the reason? The crash does not happen if you delay the navigation in the programm list a few more seconds, after the channel logos are displayed and the scrolling of the description of a programm entry continues.
3) While playing a recording you can pause by pressing "Play/Pause"-Button but to continue you have to press the "OK"-Button instead of "Play/Pause" again?!
4) During timeshifting you can navigate in the buffer using FF/RW, why not while playing a recording?
5) Highlighting the pressed "REC"-Button in EPG-Preview sometimes works, sometimes not? (the same while using smartphone)

Suggestions for improvement:

A) The loading of the programm list takes quite long (40-50 channels) also after navigating back from recordings to the programm list. It would be great if there may be a caching mechanism to speed up the availability of the programm list!
B) If you add a record that may produce a recording conflict it would be great to provide an additional dialog to inform about the conflict and solve it.

Keep up the good work!

Regards

P.S.: Just for information - same results in v1.0.6!

Thank you for your investigation. We will check each case in order to make changes.
NETGEAR RNDU2000; Synology DS112j, DS 212j, DS213+, DS 712+; Western Digital WD ex2; Asustor AS3, RPI2 ...
PCTV 460,461e,292e; TT 4400, 4650CI;DVBSKy S960; DD octopus net; Inverto sat2ip multibox; TBS DVB-C ...
the_man

Previous

Return to DVBLink mobile clients