Dvblink on iOS not working with 8player lite any more!

Discuss DVBLink mobile clients (for iOS, Android and WinPhone) here!

Dvblink on iOS not working with 8player lite any more!

Postby jblaabjerg » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:28 pm

After updating 8player lite to version 3.0.1 on a iPhone 6s running iOS 9.3.3 dvblink asks me to install 8player lite and sends me to the App Store even though the app is installed.

Using the built in player is not an option as the interface is really bad, so I hope that somebody has a suggestion on how to get back the functionality to use 8player.

Thanks
Jens
jblaabjerg
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:14 pm


Re: Dvblink on iOS not working with 8player lite any more!

Postby tpichl » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:20 pm

Sorry, I have any suggestion. I have the same problem. :shock:
tpichl
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:17 pm

Re: Dvblink on iOS not working with 8player lite any more!

Postby screendj » Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:09 am

Same here. v3 of 8player has broken the stream handling from DVBLink.

An update to v3.0.1 makes no difference with latest DVBlink v.3.5.2
Device is iPhone 6S Plus v9.3.4

Happy to test updates if needed :)
screendj
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:44 pm

Re: Dvblink on iOS not working with 8player lite any more!

Postby tpichl » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:17 am

After an update of 8player last week it works fine again.
tpichl
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:17 pm

Re: Dvblink on iOS not working with 8player lite any more!

Postby kikesal22 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:50 pm

I can confirm that on iPad this is still not working.

However if Dvblink is using a third party app, shouldn't be dvblink the responsible of ensuring the integration with it (even when it changes)?

Also there is an option to use the internal player, but it is not working (at least on all the channels), in most of the cases I get audio but no video so the dvblink internal player does not work either

Can you provide any official answer or ETA for the fix?

Thank you.
kikesal22
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:46 pm

Re: Dvblink on iOS not working with 8player lite any more!

Postby the_man » Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:48 pm

kikesal22 wrote:I can confirm that on iPad this is still not working.

However if Dvblink is using a third party app, shouldn't be dvblink the responsible of ensuring the integration with it (even when it changes)?

Also there is an option to use the internal player, but it is not working (at least on all the channels), in most of the cases I get audio but no video so the dvblink internal player does not work either

Can you provide any official answer or ETA for the fix?

Thank you.

May you please, make a record of the channel with no video and only with audio and share it with us? (just a few minutes)
NETGEAR RNDU2000; Synology DS112j, DS 212j, DS213+, DS 712+; Western Digital WD ex2; Asustor AS3, RPI2 ...
PCTV 460,461e,292e; TT 4400, 4650CI;DVBSKy S960; DD octopus net; Inverto sat2ip multibox; TBS DVB-C ...
the_man
 
Posts: 4696
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:11 pm

Re: Dvblink on iOS not working with 8player lite any more!

Postby kikesal22 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:37 pm

Hello, sorry for the late reply.

Please find the playback video on the following link:

http://enriquh.download.s3-website-eu-w ... ayback.mp4

It shows two attempts, one using the external video player (installed but not detected) and the other with the internal one.

I can confirm that the internal player works for the HD channel, but using my iPad I am not able to watch them without stuttering issues.

Hope it helps to debug the issue.
kikesal22
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:46 pm

Re: Dvblink on iOS not working with 8player lite any more!

Postby kikesal22 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:08 am

Is there any update on this?

Adding more information about the environment.

Client: iOS (10 now but it doesn't work on iOS neither)
Server: Dvblink 6 (update 1) with IpTV client running on a raspberry pi 2
kikesal22
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:46 pm

Re: Dvblink on iOS not working with 8player lite any more!

Postby the_man » Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:20 am

kikesal22 wrote:Is there any update on this?

Adding more information about the environment.

Client: iOS (10 now but it doesn't work on iOS neither)
Server: Dvblink 6 (update 1) with IpTV client running on a raspberry pi 2

Sorry, seems misunderstanding took place - i need a recording of this HD channel, done by dvblink server (ts file ) for testing it with my devices.
NETGEAR RNDU2000; Synology DS112j, DS 212j, DS213+, DS 712+; Western Digital WD ex2; Asustor AS3, RPI2 ...
PCTV 460,461e,292e; TT 4400, 4650CI;DVBSKy S960; DD octopus net; Inverto sat2ip multibox; TBS DVB-C ...
the_man
 
Posts: 4696
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:11 pm

Re: Dvblink on iOS not working with 8player lite any more!

Postby kikesal22 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:41 am

Ok, sure.

I will create the recording and add it here.

However, is there any solution for the 8player integration issue? Dvblink client is still failing to detect 8player as installed (as you can see on my previous screeen recording). Have you guys submitted a fix for this to the App Store? As I understand that this is a major issue on the client.

Thank you.
kikesal22
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:46 pm

Re: Dvblink on iOS not working with 8player lite any more!

Postby kikesal22 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:42 pm

Here you have the recorded channels:

SD channel (video not showing up on the client when using the built in player):

https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/enri ... Simpson.ts

HD channel (video and audio shows up on the client when using the built in player):

https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/enri ... 4196820.ts

Let me know if you need any further info.
kikesal22
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:46 pm

Re: Dvblink on iOS not working with 8player lite any more!

Postby malefx » Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:24 am

SAME PROBLEM!! :shock:
integrated player work very bad, hd channel no video only audio (transcoding option disable), same sd channel work fine but freezing and probleming.

8playerlite don't work, app is installed on my ipad and my iphone but dvblink: video playback funcionality requires installation of a free 8player lite :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :x :x :x :x :x :x

how fix the problem?


It has been a long time that does not work and nobody solves ?! :x :x :x :evil: :evil: :evil:
malefx
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:29 am

Re: Dvblink on iOS not working with 8player lite any more!

Postby the_man » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:42 am

malefx wrote:SAME PROBLEM!! :shock:
integrated player work very bad, hd channel no video only audio (transcoding option disable), same sd channel work fine but freezing and probleming.
8playerlite don't work, app is installed on my ipad and my iphone but dvblink: video playback funcionality requires installation of a free 8player lite :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :x :x :x :x :x :x
how fix the problem?
It has been a long time that does not work and nobody solves ?! :x :x :x :evil: :evil: :evil:

The issue is in the 8Player directly.

We have contacted a 8Player developer regarding this issue,as it happened right after the 8Player upgrade.


Please contact 8Player developer with current bug, it may accelerate the solving of the issue.
Last edited by the_man on Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
NETGEAR RNDU2000; Synology DS112j, DS 212j, DS213+, DS 712+; Western Digital WD ex2; Asustor AS3, RPI2 ...
PCTV 460,461e,292e; TT 4400, 4650CI;DVBSKy S960; DD octopus net; Inverto sat2ip multibox; TBS DVB-C ...
the_man
 
Posts: 4696
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:11 pm

Re: Dvblink on iOS not working with 8player lite any more!

Postby malefx » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:51 am

the_man wrote:
malefx wrote:SAME PROBLEM!! :shock:
integrated player work very bad, hd channel no video only audio (transcoding option disable), same sd channel work fine but freezing and probleming.
8playerlite don't work, app is installed on my ipad and my iphone but dvblink: video playback funcionality requires installation of a free 8player lite :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :x :x :x :x :x :x
how fix the problem?
It has been a long time that does not work and nobody solves ?! :x :x :x :evil: :evil: :evil:

Strange - the issue was in the update (29.08.16) for the 8player - but as i know the new update of the 8player has solved the issue.



ok i have found the bug

i try to remove and install 8player lite on my ipad mini 2, IOS 9.3.3 DVB-link version 3.5.2, 8player lite 3.0.4, but NO work.
AFTER
i try:
IF I ENABLE video transcoding on app client, 8player lite WORK.
IF I DISABLE video transcoding 8player lite don t work.

pls fix! :twisted:
malefx
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:29 am

Re: Dvblink on iOS not working with 8player lite any more!

Postby malefx » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:49 am

SAME PROBLEM ON MY IPHONE 6S


ufff......
malefx
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:29 am

Next

Return to DVBLink mobile clients

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests