DVBLink Theatre [Bugs/Suggestions] on Apple TV 4

Discuss DVBLink mobile clients (for iOS, Android and WinPhone) here!

Postby solamar » Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:17 pm

OK.. I love much of this .. a few issues and suggestions.

• Scrubbing forward or backward in a recorded show does not work correctly.. works very badly.. you cannot just tap to move forward 10 seconds like in most apps.. and if you tap and scrub forward, it goes way to fast and doesn't give any indication as to 'where' in the video (time wise) you are.. 30 min in? 1 min 35 seconds? .. it would be nice to see a 'preview' window as well..

• Setup is not very intuitive. Might want to be more descriptive.. and try to auto-detect the server if possible. I know Plex does this, and does it well..
Other than that.. I like so far.. Very excited! Will play more tonight and over weekend.
solamar

Re: DVBLink Theatre [Bugs/Suggestions] on Apple TV 4

Postby the_man » Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:01 am

The first point really should be and a guess will be improved.
As for "auto-detect the server" it is there - right after you create a new server connection, there is a Configure Server options -> Automatically.
NETGEAR RNDU2000; Synology DS112j, DS 212j, DS213+, DS 712+; Western Digital WD ex2; Asustor AS3, RPI2 ...
PCTV 460,461e,292e; TT 4400, 4650CI;DVBSKy S960; DD octopus net; Inverto sat2ip multibox; TBS DVB-C ...
the_man

Postby Jaas » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:46 am

Take a look at Kodi (or MrMC for Apple TV) skip back/forward 10, 30, 60, 300s with 1,2,3,4 fast swipe on remote, works like a charm..
Server:i7-3770K 3.90GHz, WHS 2011, 2 DuoFlex Tuner DVB-S/S2 CanalDigital Sweden, DuoFlex T2 Boxer Sweden, TVSource 5.1, Connect 5.1, TimeForTV
Clients: KODI 14 on Win 8.1 + Pi, Samsung Note S3, Samsung SmartTV UE50F6655SB 2013
Jaas

Postby solamar » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:35 am

the_man wrote:The first point really should be and a guess will be improved.
As for "auto-detect the server" it is there - right after you create a new server connection, there is a Configure Server options -> Automatically.

When finding servers automatically, I was talking actually listing them for selection.. Which is not the case as far as I could see. I tried the 'automatic' option, but it didn't work.. I had to manually enter in the IP address to get a connection. Automatic config didn't seem to do anything. The placement (in config of new or existing server profile) seems to imply it would auto-configure only the ports required automatically, but not 'Find' available servers.
solamar

Postby chester11 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:31 pm

I'm so happy that the app for apple tv i finally available.
Tried it and without transcoding it works perfect but with transcoding it takes forever to get the channel up and running.
I use a iMac (fast) as DVBlogic -server and the channels from my dreambox. I tried within the same network.
On the iPhone app it takes a few seconds before the channel begins to broadcast (inside or outside the LAN doesn't matter).
I have a GB/s fiber optic line so that shouldn't be the issue. Everything inside the LAN is also gigabit. The apple tv is linked by cable and not wifi.
I guess the app needs to be fine tuned and I'm looking forward to the results.
To restream my tv channels to wherever I am in this lovely interface is bloody awesome! Thanks
chester11

Postby Zephyr_blues » Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:39 pm

Hi Oberon,

So far I'm really loving the DVBlink thearter app on applet tv!! Made the wait worthwhile. Changin channels is intuitive, and so far it seems to be pretty stable for a first release.

I do have 2 remarks however:
- Timeshift doesn't seem to work yet, or am I missing something? Can't seem to pause / ff / rewind live tv.
- When pushing the app to the background (home button) or hibernating the appletv directly from the stream, the server doesn't seem to unlock the stream, so the server keeps serving the current channel.

Running latest server on a Synology DS213+, HDHomeRun EXPAND tuner, Apple TV 4th gen :D

Thanks for the work so far,
Maarten.
Zephyr_blues

Postby the_man » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:04 am

- Timeshift doesn't seem to work yet, or am I missing something? Can't seem to pause / ff / rewind live tv.

It is no available on the LiveTV and it is not clear at the moment if it be at all.

- When pushing the app to the background (home button) or hibernating the appletv directly from the stream, the server doesn't seem to unlock the stream, so the server keeps serving the current channel.

Need to check this behaviour... If it reproducible, we will add it into the todo list.
NETGEAR RNDU2000; Synology DS112j, DS 212j, DS213+, DS 712+; Western Digital WD ex2; Asustor AS3, RPI2 ...
PCTV 460,461e,292e; TT 4400, 4650CI;DVBSKy S960; DD octopus net; Inverto sat2ip multibox; TBS DVB-C ...
the_man

Postby jepperi » Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:13 pm

One week of testing with ATV4 app. Some feedback this far:
- interface / epg in messy and hard to navigate with ATV remote
- Does not show quick links if I place app on top row. Could have EPG, Recordings or live channels as links?
- no settings to automatically use dvb subtitles (really a must here in Finland!)
- swipe down to bring up menu, but no swipe up to make it disappear?!
- missing timeshift totally?!?! swipe up only brings channel selection

All in all this looks promising, I'm about to finally buy a license for this :)
jepperi

Postby the_man » Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:39 am

jepperi wrote:One week of testing with ATV4 app. Some feedback this far:
- interface / epg in messy and hard to navigate with ATV remote
- Does not show quick links if I place app on top row. Could have EPG, Recordings or live channels as links?
- no settings to automatically use dvb subtitles (really a must here in Finland!)
- swipe down to bring up menu, but no swipe up to make it disappear?!
- missing timeshift totally?!?! swipe up only brings channel selection

All in all this looks promising, I'm about to finally buy a license for this :)

Thank you for your feedback. It is very important to get more critics/wishes for the app. We will add most of the requests mentioned by you into our Todo list.
the_man

Postby the_man » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:09 am

May you bring the example of this feature? Maybe on some apps or so. (With the screenshots)
the_man

Postby peches » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:27 am

Look at this https://youtu.be/_eSpsWolu2M.
Ther is more good things to implement in your client.

Could you provide a similar movie with your clients?

peches
peches

Postby Videonisse » Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:50 pm

Wow, the competition seems to be a bit ahead. Thanks for sharing.
Win 7 64-bit SP1, Intel i5-3570K 3,4GHz HD 4000 Graphics, 6GB, TBS 6984 S2 Quad,TBS 6280 T2 Dual
DVBLink 5.5.0 Connect & TVSource (mc_recorder), CD S Thor 0.8W,FTA Aastra 19.2E, S FTA T2, ACAMD 0.6.2
Clients iPhone 4S 5S 6S, iPad2 iOS 9,Win 7 PCs
Videonisse

Postby jepperi » Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:05 pm

the_man wrote:

May you bring the example of this feature? Maybe on some apps or so. (With the screenshots)

I guesss the top row is called Top Shelf :)
Here is a video link to an app that has done things well, shows Top Shelf as well:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmhuQADF-34

Also, missing from my earlier post is an important feature:
- navigating recorded programs should work as in Netflix etc, right-side click skips 10sec etc...
jepperi

Postby the_man » Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:52 am

Ok. thank you.

jepperi wrote:...
- navigating recorded programs should work as in Netflix etc, right-side click skips 10sec etc...

Do you mean during the playing RecordedTV? If yes, then you should be able to jump 15sec/30sec - right-left swipe/left-right swipe, or Press on the touch-pad and rewind/forward to the required point and press the touch-pad once more.
the_man

Postby jepperi » Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:12 pm

the_man wrote:Ok. thank you.

jepperi wrote:...

Do you mean during the playing RecordedTV? If yes, then you should be able to jump 15sec/30sec - right-left swipe/left-right swipe, or Press on the touch-pad and rewind/forward to the required point and press the touch-pad once more.

I mean rewind/forward does not work as in Netflix etc. I believe Apple has a guide on configuring such functions so that all applications work in a similar manner in such basic functions. I think it would be wise if your app would behave as others...
jepperi

Next

Return to DVBLink mobile clients