Antenna - DVBLink app for Apple TV

Discuss DVBLink mobile clients (for iOS, Android and WinPhone) here!

Antenna - DVBLink app for Apple TV

Postby turbolag » Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:01 pm

Version 1.0 is now live on the App Store. You can find it by searching "Antenna".
http://www.getantennaapp.com

If you have any bug reports or feature request Id love to hear them.
turbolag

Re: Antenna - DVBLink app for Apple TV

Postby TonVH » Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:28 pm

. present a demo (time limited/feature limited/....) version or go for inapt purchases.
- get more feature and better performing than the one coming from DVBlink
- at least a decent EPG (similar to DVBlink on IOS)
- enable live & scheduled recording
- enable/disable Teletext subtitling (page 888 mostly) or DVB subtitling
- don't know where you are but when in the Netherlands than an additional 'Uitzending Gemist' and "NPO internet' would be great. See https://github.com/4np/UitzendingGemist doe explanation or https://github.com/Mauricevb/NPO-Live-Apple-TV-4.
- Take a look at "Channels" app for aTV. It has a lot of similarities but is way too pricy and far from perfect. It does have a few good features though.
- and check the comments in the other thread.
TonVH

Postby Caesium » Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:53 pm

I could have sworn I already replied to you with a few suggestions for this. Must have been dreaming it. Or are you deleting threads that others have contributed to? :?
Caesium

Postby solomalee » Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:10 pm

Just bought your app, agree with the prior poster, demo mode would be nice.

Some issues I have found...

1. TV Guide and other parts of the app present themselves outside the bounds of the TV screen (e.g. Channel numbers in the guide off the left side; Play buttons in recorded TV are off the right side (Screen is calibrated and shows other apps correctly)

2. Some channels seem to work OK, but others have choppy sound (BBC1 standard definition from FreeSAT). Same problem also with cabled ethernet connection.

3. Default behavior of prompt to delete after viewing a recording may seem sensible, but it's actually a bit annoying (and risky)

4. Couldn't seem to scroll through the TV guide to future times

5. Couldn't seem to skip forward on a recorded show.

Initially a pleasant surprise and good first impression, looking forward to the next version that fixes these issues (I'm desperate for something to replace my increasingly unreliable Windows MCE, but this unfortunately isn't ready for Prime Time use yet).

Tuner:Octopus NET (SATIP)
Server:Synology DS1010 DSM 5.2,DVBlink 6.0,Digiguide EPG 6.0
Client:RPI3 LibreElec 8.0.1, KODI 17.1, DVBlink addon
solomalee

Postby turbolag » Sun May 01, 2016 5:34 pm

Great feedback.

- While time-based demos are not allowed on the App Store, There may be some alternatives to explore (subscriptions?)
- UI elements will be moved so they are within the safe zone when overscanned
- delete recordings will not be the default action after watching
- Scrubbing through recordings is currently being worked on
turbolag

Postby genesispc » Thu May 05, 2016 1:15 am

Hey there I purchased your product a few days ago and have a few issues trying watch live tv.

Changing channels causes the picture to be corrupted, with each channel change causing worse corruption, until the app can no longer tune to a station.

What logs do you require to try and find what the cause of this issue is? And how do I turn them on?

I am using DBVLink on a synology NAS (214play) with a PCTV292e connected to it.
genesispc

Postby jepperi » Sun May 08, 2016 6:04 am

Hi,

i bought this app and tried to use it but constant issues with basic functions caused me to get a refund.

Imo this product is no way near an official release, I would say that the quality is somewhere between a typical alpha to beta release.

I cannot recommend this app to anyone, so much basic features are missing and developement seems to be really slow when comparing to example Channels app.

Charging 10€ for a crappy non-working release seems like cheating customers to me.
jepperi

Postby TonVH » Sun May 08, 2016 7:32 am

There is "a new kid" on the block called "Netstream TV". Also with too many limitations, too few features and far from even Beta status. Best till now is "Channels - Live TV" but way too pricy and also missing important features like recording.

I do appreciate people developing this type of product since Apple should have had it as default. But guys, why nog put an Beta (some are even Alfa status) on the market and asking money for it? Make it into an official Beta (you can have up to 1.000 testers) or use side-loading until it is really marketable.

For the time being I put my coins on DVBlogic. They will probably come up with a dull GUI (my opinion of IOS GUI) but will have the important features. Also it can be expected to be included in the standard package.Only that waiting, waiting, waiting ....
TonVH

Postby jepperi » Sun May 08, 2016 8:57 am

Channels - Live TV is good for live TV and play / pause functions and I would not mind using another app for recordings, but at this time there is still no real option to do recordings on Apple TV.

Looking forward to DVBLogic's version...
jepperi

Postby TonVH » Sun May 08, 2016 9:12 am

It also misses a decent EPG. That omission makes the price way too exorbitant.
TonVH

Postby Videonisse » Wed May 18, 2016 8:20 pm

Does this app support fast forward and rewind of both recorded and live streams in a decent way (compared to WMC)?
Win 7 64-bit SP1, Intel i5-3570K 3,4GHz HD 4000 Graphics, 6GB, TBS 6984 S2 Quad,TBS 6280 T2 Dual
DVBLink 5.5.0 Connect & TVSource (mc_recorder), CD S Thor 0.8W,FTA Aastra 19.2E, S FTA T2, ACAMD 0.6.2
Clients iPhone 4S 5S 6S, iPad2 iOS 9,Win 7 PCs
Videonisse

Postby genesispc » Thu May 19, 2016 6:59 am

Is this app still being developed? It seems to have gone rather quiet.

Edit: And so I stand to be corrected there was an update last night :-)

Version 1.0.1:
- Video scrubber for Recordings
- Ability to jump to previous channel
- Non-destructive default behaviour when finished watching a recording

Tried it out last night, and was wondering is it possible to control the speed of the scrubbing, as I tended to jump a long way very quickly. Perhaps you could map the left and right presses to just in blocks of 30s or, even better, a configurable amount?
genesispc

Postby donprate » Mon May 23, 2016 11:41 pm

I'm using an IPTV list in DVBLink. Can anyone recommend what settings I should use in 'Convert stream to mpeg-2 ts' in the IPTV config screen in DVBLink. The options are;

HTTP
UDP
RTSP
RTMP
RTP

and a Bitrate (kb/s).

Thanks.
donprate

Postby joshy123 » Tue May 31, 2016 7:49 pm

I have a request, could you add styles kinda like the tvhclient for apple that interface looks amazing
Synology ds415+, pctv 929, hdhomerun connect, playtv dvb t, DVBSKy S960CI, TBS 5980ci frontend apple tv 4
joshy123

Postby turbolag » Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:00 pm

Looks like dark mode will come for free with tvOS 10.0, so the app will honour your system settings. As for the layout, Im exploring a always full-screen playback layout with overlayed program info for a followup update.
turbolag

Return to DVBLink mobile clients