AppleTV 4 will be released in the end of October '15

Discuss DVBLink mobile clients (for iOS, Android and WinPhone) here!

Re: AppleTV 4 will be released in the end of October '15

Postby Oberon » Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:53 pm

solomalee wrote:It's awfully quiet here and also on the DVBlink main site about the upcoming Apple TV App. I'm really surprised that there's seemingly an interview for an Australian newspaper, but nothing official from the DVBlink team on their own site.

@Oberon - any official news for us?

There are a lot of things happening behind the scenes. We will release more information on it once it is ready for public.
Oberon

Postby jepperi » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:25 pm

I did not need any m3u files. Just did a channel scan and works ok in Channels.

I hope someone would be making some progress builds with this DVBlink system though, seems better than channels...
jepperi

Postby joshy123 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:02 pm

Im guessing this will be released with dvblogic 6 hopefully beings some nice new features :)
Synology ds415+, pctv 929, hdhomerun connect, playtv dvb t, DVBSKy S960CI, TBS 5980ci frontend apple tv 4
joshy123

Postby MasterAndew » Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:12 pm

Any news on this? Are we still looking at an April release?
MasterAndew

Postby elcapitano » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:05 pm

I was looking for a ATV solution, so I am following this thread with much interest. :D
elcapitano

Postby MasterAndew » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:01 pm

According to their facebook page, ETA is late April to mid May for a release.
MasterAndew

Postby turbolag » Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:00 pm

I've created an app for the Apple TV to watch and record from DVBLink. You can find it by searching "Antenna".

http://www.getantennaapp.com
turbolag

Postby TonVH » Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:24 pm

Looks nice but!

Sorry but I have stopped buying products that have no demo mode. It has happened too often that I pay money (and 9.99 is not cheap for an app) and then finding out that it was a not-finished Alfa product. Apple is making lot of problems when you want money refunded.

So add a time- or function limited of inapt purchase and I will happily give it a try.

Also more info is needed before buying like "can I schedule recordings", "can I wat scheduled recordings", etc. These are options that must be available.
TonVH

Postby Caesium » Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:22 pm

That does look quite nice. The app listing/screenshots are a bit sparse on detail though, it'd be quite nice to see the following.. Or if they're already there, you should add notes in the app listing :)

* dvb subtitles - absolute must for me
* lots more info in the OSD would be nice, right now it only has title; how about start time, end time, a seek bar, whats on next, codec info, etc?
* a timeline along the top/bottom of the EPG grid, hourly time markers
* some sort of highlight for the program that is on now on each channel (MediaPortal for instance shows them on a slightly brighter background, its only a small thing but it makes the guide so much more readable)
* highlight in EPG grid for timers/recordings (maybe this is already in, but its not shown in screenshots)

Also as I understand it DVBLink v6, due out soon now, also includes an ATV4 app so it'll be interesting to see how they compare. Nice to have a bit of choice!
Caesium

Postby solomalee » Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:25 pm

turbolag wrote:I've created an app for the Apple TV to watch and record from DVBLink. You can find it by searching "Antenna".

http://www.getantennaapp.com

Just bought your app, agree with the prior poster, demo mode would be nice.

Some issues I have found...

1. TV Guide and other parts of the app present themselves outside the bounds of the TV screen (e.g. Channel numbers in the guide off the left side; Play buttons in recorded TV are off the right side (Screen is calibrated and shows other apps correctly)

2. Some channels seem to work OK, but others have choppy sound (BBC1 standard definition from FreeSAT). Same problem also with cabled ethernet connection.

3. Default behavior of prompt to delete after viewing a recording may seem sensible, but it's actually a bit annoying (and risky)

4. Couldn't seem to scroll through the TV guide to future times

5. Couldn't seem to skip forward on a recorded show.

Initially a pleasant surprise and good first impression, looking forward to the next version that fixes these issues (I'm desperate for something to replace my increasingly unreliable Windows MCE, but this unfortunately isn't ready for Prime Time use yet).

Solo

Tuner:Octopus NET (SATIP)
Server:Synology DS1010 DSM 5.2,DVBlink 6.0,Digiguide EPG 6.0
Client:RPI3 LibreElec 8.0.1, KODI 17.1, DVBlink addon
solomalee

Postby MasterAndew » Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:46 pm

How do I get the "AppleTV DVBLink Theatre app" and install it on my AppleTV? Hopefully its not having to put my AppleTV in some kind of developer mode.
MasterAndew

Postby TonVH » Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:56 pm

Official one does not exist yet. It is coming any day soon.

At the moment you can buy an app (http://www.getantennaapp.com) by @solomalee. But this is also not a finished product.
TonVH

Postby solomalee » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:01 pm

TonVH wrote:Official one does not exist yet. It is coming any day soon.

At the moment you can buy an app (http://www.getantennaapp.com) by @solomalee. But this is also not a finished product.

Actually not from me but really @Turbolag ;-)

Tuner:Octopus NET (SATIP)
Server:Synology DS1010 DSM 5.2,DVBlink 6.0,Digiguide EPG 6.0
Client:RPI3 LibreElec 8.0.1, KODI 17.1, DVBlink addon
solomalee

Postby turbolag » Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:06 pm

Please provide feedback and feature requests for Antenna in this thread I created: viewtopic.php?f=100&t=31145#p112658
turbolag

Postby MasterAndew » Tue May 03, 2016 2:32 am

FYI, I got a message about the beta testing being delayed because of "major issues' with the AppleTV app that needed to be worked out. So here's to hoping for a June release.
MasterAndew

PreviousNext

Return to DVBLink mobile clients