Help on DVBLogic with iOS Clients

Discuss DVBLink mobile clients (for iOS, Android and WinPhone) here!

Help on DVBLogic with iOS Clients

Postby Merlin2000 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:32 pm

Dear folks,
I am struggling for a longer time on getting my DVBLogic implementation to work. Requests in this forum did not help at all. I am looking for somebody with a similar setup in order to discuss the configuration with each other.
I am running DVBLogic on a Synology RS812+ (Intel processor, 3 GB of RAM) with a PCTV stick292e.

What's working?
Software is running so far
EPG loader delivers suitable data and program.
Recording is working via app on iPad2 and iPhone5S
Live Stream is working, but only with SD videos (via Apple TV) and long delay after starting

What's not working?
Live Stream of HD programs is not working at all, nor playing recorded HD stream. Processor load on the Synology is up to 100%, no fluent stream possible at all
Time shift during playing a file is extremely slow.

It all looks like a performance problem, whee I have no idea which component do cause the problems. Synology? IOS clients? Apple TV? DVBLogic Software?
I would have expected, that the a intel systems should be capable of processing even HD streams, but it isn't.

Is there anybody out there with a similar configuration and possible same Problems, which are hopefully solved?

Thank you very much in advance for your support.

Best regards,
Dirk
Server: Synology RS812+, DVB-C via FTH, PCTV 292e (DVB-C), DVBLink TVSource 5.1.0
Clients: iPad2, iPhone5S, Windows Media Player
Merlin2000

Re: Help on DVBLogic with iOS Clients

Postby the_man » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:26 am

First of All do an update of dvblink server and all installed product to newest build. http://dvblogic.com/en/news/78-new-dvbl ... 2-support/
if you turn on a channel and the image appear for a long time ( > 10 sec.) most probably you use transcoding. Please, try to disable Transcoding in iOS clients or in dvblink web-client at settings -> General
NETGEAR RNDU2000; Synology DS112j, DS 212j, DS213+, DS 712+; Western Digital WD ex2; Asustor AS3, RPI2 ...
PCTV 460,461e,292e; TT 4400, 4650CI;DVBSKy S960; DD octopus net; Inverto sat2ip multibox; TBS DVB-C ...
the_man

Re: Help on DVBLogic with iOS Clients

Postby Oberon » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:31 am

In general Synology RS812+ is not powerful enough to transcode the HD channels. You may try to turn off transcoding on your iPhone - it should be capable of playing HD streams without transcoding.
Oberon

Return to DVBLink mobile clients